The World Health Organization helps countries to implement the WHO FCTC for tobacco control. in 2008, WHO developed MPOWER– six tobacco control measures of proven cost-effectiveness and ability to save lives. If implemented as a package, these measures protect against the illness and death that the tobacco epidemic will otherwise inevitably bring.
• Monitor tobacco use and prevention policies
• Protect people from tobacco smoke
• Offer help to quit tobacco use
• Warn about the dangers of tobacco
• Enforce bans on tobacco advertising, promotion and sponsorship
• Raise taxes on tobacco
1. Find Fiji’s country’s profile on the Global Tobacco Report 2021 (look in the Annex for country data)
2. Take a screen shot of the Summary of MPOWER Measures (table with different colors of blue and grey) for your country and paste onto a word doc.
3. Then, using the Tobacco Atlas (look under your country) look up data on the following indicators from the Fact Sheet: Tobacco Atlas (Links to an external site.)https://tobaccoatlas.org/
- daily smoking prevalence overall
- daily smoking prevalence for men
- daily smoking prevalence for women
- 2 other interesting facts from the report (such as deaths, use of smokeless tobacco, use among children, etc.)
4. Along with the data above, post here a one-paragraph (10-15 sentences) analysis of the MPOWER policies that are implemented in your country (for example, where it is doing well and which policies are lagging behind).
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."